Jul 20, 2009

Air Jordan


When I was 11 I was obsessed with Air Jordan sneakers. I'd save up my money for weeks (16) on a ten dollar per week allowance. Feast your eyes on my favorite pair: the AJ XI. Can you blame me?

The funny thing was that when they came out everyone thought they were ugly. The kids would say these ones looked like tap dancing shoes and the ones below looked like a waffle iron.


But people would have to learn that once you saw MJ do the things he did wearing these things, they might as well have been plastic bags.

Kyra recently let me reminisce the whole thing by letting me buy a pair from the sketchy "shoe man". They sit it my closet - some times I put them on and practice my moves in the living room when she's not home. They still have the magic...

Did you ever own a pair?

No comments: