Aug 15, 2008

L.Z.

One of my favorite parts about having babies is sitting back to watch their personalities come out. I think we contribute most of our personality traits to our growing years, which of course is a huge part of who we are, but watching my kids has made me realize there is just some personality that we are born with! Leo hasn't been the topic of many blogs because up until now his activity hasn't been much more than eating, sleeping, and mere reflexes. This week he has shown us so much more of his character and seems to a have hit a million milestones. I remember this same experience with Rose at 4 months.
So, his week starts out Monday with his 4 month checkup where he received 6 vaccinations and a diagnosis of eczema and ingrown toenails... thanks for the good genes Dad! The days follow with first tooth, first food, first fake cough, rolling belly to back, and having a full passionate conversation with his hands. He is a blanket loving kid, to soothe himself he rubs it all over his face and usually in his mouth to teethe on too, we refer to it as "cuddle blanky". Leo is so sensitive and is easily scared (especially by Rose). With attention he has a slow sweet bashful smile. With play he has an explosive excited squeal. Pretty much, he's a joy.
I found out a year ago around this time that we were going to have him and I was scared to death. Look at that smile. That's who I was scared of! When am I fully going to trust that God knows what he's doing?!

No comments: