Sep 11, 2008

I read an article on Ethiopia and the web of problems surrounding their famine. This was on Monday, and I keep finding myself exploring practical ministries that "teach a man how to fish vs give him a fish". I love this one called Hydromissions.
With that shared...It kills me to keep dreaming like this! I'm at home with two children who are very dependent upon me and I see these dreams going nowhere soon. I'm embarrassed to share my ideas of ministry and missions with anyone but Oliver b/c I know how ridiculous it might look to anyone looking in. I mean what have I done so far...nothing. So, my fear in sharing is that I'll seem like a ridiculous, big-headed hypocrite.
I was awakened to an idea tonight: I'm not prideful to dream, I'm prideful for trying to make myself look completed when my insides scream with hopes that I fear someone might scoff at, and just about the humblest thing I could do is admit
"I HAVE BIG RIDICULOUS DREAMS OF MISSIONS AND MINISTRY!!! AND RIGHT NOW, MOST DAYS, I DON'T HAVE TIME TO TAKE A SHOWER!!!"
So, there it is, I'm purposefully broken. Any dreams you're hiding?

No comments: