Dec 23, 2008

Respect the Glue

I bought a bottle of super glue. It was my first personal purchase of the wonder adhesive; I am sorry I ever waited this long. So far I have fixed a favorite book, the refrigerator door, a christmas tree and ornament, a flapping shoe sole, a figurine, and earrings.

I realize two things since owning super glue.

#1 I love to fix things and I am optimistic that most things broken can be fixed. So much so that I found I will hang on to something for 5 years broken if I have hope that someday it could easily be fixed.

#2 Super Glue is not as KRAZY as older generations once convinced me. Oliver and I noted that in growing we both had experienced older male figures say gruffly to us something along the lines of "Watch yourself with that! That is strong stuff. It'll rip your skin right off!" They had the same message for us "Respect the glue!"

No comments: