Jul 21, 2010

!!!

Ever since I started getting online I've always been student of expression and communication. This of course has grown increasingly important in a paperless society of social media.

That being said I have never been a fan of the exclamation point. My rule of thumb has been to use it only in cases of written personal conflict; In total my laptop from college that I retired last year probably never executed an exclamation point in it's entire career since I never handle personal conflict o that nature via the www.

I've reformed.

In fact I try to use the powerful symbol as much as possible without being crazy - like one o those intense eBay people:

!!! The ONLY pair of suspenders JOHN PAUL JONES !! Ever needed! Nanana N!!!!$&@&$

I just think it's nice to see it after your name or whatever:

Oliver!

Which looks better?;

Thanks for the fruit.

Thanks for the fruit!

Am I alone to think the former could be drenched in sarcasm? Uh oh, maybe this all contributes to some sort of emotion inflation.

Oh well!

No comments: