Jul 22, 2010

Gammy's


I've always remembered driving around the corner towards my grandmas house after the 13 hour trip. I remember how the curbs were rounded and the lawns were nicer and it was hot.


The driveway was smooth, really good for rollerblading. The house of course had a sweet smell to it. It smelled like comfort. There were probably HUGE Disney Popsicles in the fridge and some lucky charms in the cabinet.


My favorite were the Disney books she kept on the shelf. Each book had the illustrated stories of several feature films and you can really tell they wrote it when people took a lot of care in their illustrations. I loved stairing at them.


I know Rose and Leo are soaking in memories like this every time we visit Gammy's. They'll remember the green room. And the room with the red carpet and the trundle bed. And the horsey tire swing. They'll remember the three seasons room. And the Disney VHS tapes. Rose will remember the special trips we to the beach and the library and to pick blueberries. Thus love coming to Gammy's from beginning to end. It's magical here. :)

I'm grateful for that.



No comments: