Jul 19, 2010

Keiesha Cole

I've always had a hate/hate relationship with my hair. It's fundamentally dry and course and also fairly confused; straight on the top and severely wavy on the sides and back. It grows in patchy on the sides as well to the extent that if a rookie barber took to it they would risk leaving me with what my Aunt Katie calls "white walls" which basically looks like your hair is afraid of your ears.

It has been a process for me of course to figure all of this out but I have come to an important conclusion over the past months of my life.

No. It's not that is should stop being so neurotic and just get a buzz cut or something. ;)

I've actually learned that all this time I've been treating my hair like a white woman and now know the truth that I have the hair of an African American. Two products that have brought about a hair revolution for me are:

Sporting Waves: probably the EXACT same product as American Crew for about two dollars.

Africa's Best: in just 25 minutes you too can have the springy haircut of your favorite anime character.

To quote the great Rod Stewart: if I knew what I know now, when I was younger.



No comments: