May 19, 2008

Saving Money

With the price of gas and groceries rising I thought I'd share some of our methods of penny pinching.

A few ways we've learned to enjoy being healthy and poor:
  • The library is our best friend for movies and books
  • Water is our drink of choice
  • If we "go out" we go for coffee instead of dinner
  • Took an account of how many soaps, lotions, and perfumes we had and made a point of using these up completely before buying anymore
  • Simply became good about shutting off lights after ourselves
  • For basic cleaning we only need three of the cheapest products: lysol, bleach, and windex
  • Free Brewster's baby cones!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kyra;


This list reminds me of being poor in college. Water was all we drank at meals or otherwise. I was before my time, since all of our friends drank soda or other purchased products. Nothing wrong with water.

I also think it's good idea to simplify and find out what you already have in your house before you buy anything else. What's considered a necessity can be negotiable, based on funding, right?

mom