Apr 12, 2008

Bruce Lee and the Martial Art of Waiting

Bruce Lee has always been a great hero of mine. He is strong and silent, fights smarter not harder, and he's disciplined.

During my favorite scene in Enter the Dragon we find Lee is trapped in a cave when both the entrance and exit doors close off on him. Sweating from strenuous goon fighting, we focus in on our hero's next choice. Will he scale the wall? Will he focus his chi to break through the rock wall with his fist?

Then Lee sits down and meditates.

This principle meets me at each turn of my life. With God's commissions we are constantly in assessment of what we have and don't have, what we can and cannot do etc. The answer to these questions often speak to us in a divine way.

I'm trying my best these days to engage my choices with wisdom while attacking my limitations with prayer.

No comments: