Apr 18, 2008

Mom


Today was my mom's birthday. She's a great mom. The best thing about her is that she knows how to have fun. And when its time for a trashy celebrity magazine.

I can remember how antsy I would get when it was time to get out the door for the beach. We would get in the car and she'd say, "Wait! Don't you think we need some bottled water?" "Are you sure? We'll probably get thirsty!? I'm gonna' go get some..." And then she would remember the chips, and the fruit, and the water rafts, and the Frisbee. I don't remember getting to Lake Michigan before 2:30 but sure enough by three I would say...

"Man, would sure love some fruit!"

My mom is also a bottled water advocate. This has caused severe conflict in her world during airline travel. Her strategy is to bring the bottled water to the security check point and drink it as fast as she can before its her turn in line - while she's telling jokes to strangers. Mom doesn't seem to notice the security personnel is mad when he pulls out the bottle of water she forgot in her purse...and the swiss army knife on her key chain.

"I can't bring that?"..."Whoops!"

My mom is an original. She was eating whole foods when it wasn't cool. She got us in to teaching Rose sign language. She signed us up for baby swimming lessons. She visits the botanical gardens. She loves to go to toy stores. She ballroom dances and she's learning Spanish.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you SO much =)

No comments: