Jul 19, 2008

A.C.


My friend Andrew sees something easily that I have to focus to see.

When my life tests me one thing for another I'm rather saddened by my preference for material over people and performance over experience. I think it causes me to miss out on a lot.

I admire Andrew for the premium he puts on experience and beauty for beauty's sake. One of my colleagues at work shared some wisdom with me about raising children. He warned me that kid's will only engage their world as much as you challenge them to - from there, engagement is a habit.

They will always choose video games to reading.

They will naturally chose to copy before risking originality.

They will naturally be negative unless you teach them to be positive.

Perhaps I should have Mary Chicoreli at the top of this blog post because you'll never catch Andrew checking on star tracks in People magazine - he's just too busy doing richer things.

No comments: