Jul 15, 2008

Dominic

I've watched my brother grow up from birth to 15. He is a good man.

When he was little I would wake him up when I suffered from Jet-lag in Hong Kong. He would always smile and be ready to play or eat or whatever I was up for.

He used to have this stuffed dog which he affectionately call "Wo-Wo", the Chinese baby talk for dog. I would puppet Wo-Wo for hours which would make him laugh a lot. Some times I would throw the dog toward him pretending it wanted to kiss him. 9 times out of ten the momentum would push his head into the wall which would make him cry a lot. I don't think it affected him in the long run - he's a brainiac.

That was when he was about Rose's age in the featured picture.

Over the years he's grown older and taller - and outgrown me in some ways. He's provided me with old notes and guidance for preparing my US AP class for the coming fall.

It's funny because our age difference is becoming smaller and smaller and even now, he's practically my peer. I've loved knowing him and anticipate a great future for our relationship as adults and old fogies.

No comments: